Summer is just around the corner which means our little slice of paradise will soon be pretty busy. In between walking, enjoying the beautiful beaches or sampling the local wines, you’re going to need to refuel! So we’ve compiled our favourite casual dining spots in the Margaret River region to give you some inspiration! Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, we’ve got you covered! Bon appetite!
- Bunkers Beach Café – Located at stunning Bunker Bay, this stylish café is open daily for breakfast and lunch. During the warmer months, enjoy alfresco dining on the deck, or dine by the open fire during winter. Bunkers Beach Café is fully licensed and offers a range of wines, both locally and imported, to complement their modern Australian menu.
- Lamont’s Smiths Beach – Lamont’s Smiths Beach incorporates a fabulous wine store and deli which trades 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This place certainly has you covered. Lamont’s Smiths Beach combines sumptuous seasonal produce with their iconic selection of Margaret River, Australian and international wines. This gem on the shore line is the perfect place to refuel, anytime of the day.
- Goanna Gallery and Bush Cafe – Hidden in our beautiful bushland, this café is a natural playground for all ages. Offering a seasonal menu, Goanna Gallery and Bush Café showcases fantastic Yallingup and Margaret River produce. It’s simple food – fresh, local and tasty. The café also carries an evolving range of local artwork, jewellery, scarves and homewares with a focus on handcrafted and quality pieces. They give emerging artists an audience and opportunity to develop their practice in a supportive environment. You can have your cake and eat it too!
- Meal Up – Located right in the heart of Dunsborough, here you’ll find an impressive selection of delicious, healthy options for breakfast and lunch. Think freshly baked pastries, homemade granola and raw treats. Serving only the best quality and locally sourced food, Meal Up is also gluten free where possible. They also serve organic FiORi coffee so you can get your caffeine fix too!
- Eagle Bay Brewery Co – This family owned restaurant, open daily from 11am to 5pm, boasts sweeping views over rural landscape and the Indian Ocean. The kitchen produces wholesome food which is simple and fresh; locally grown produce including seasonal ingredients plucked from the kitchen garden. Enjoy a long lunches and afternoon drinks with great beer, wine, food and service!
- The Studio Bistro – The Studio Bistro is an art lover’s paradise. Combining a gallery of works from leading Australian artists and a vibrant, three-time Gold Plate winning bistro. This dining venue combines continental style cuisine with a warm and friendly atmosphere.
- White Elephant Beach Café – This idyllic café is right on the beach! Sit, relax and enjoy delicious meals while taking in the view, which is nothing short of exceptional. If you visit the right time of year, you may also witness a whale or two! Keep an eye out for their Sunset Dinner schedule during Summer!
- Morries – Think cocktails on tap, tasty tapas, late night bar snacks and mouth-watering meals using the best produce from the South West. On select nights, enjoy the pop-up oyster bar, live jazz and funk. Centrally located in the heart of Margaret River, Morries is the perfect night out!
- Miki’s Open Kitchen – Miki’s Open Kitchen has been recognised as one of Australia’s Top Restaurants for two years running. This tempura-focused restaurant changes the menu regularly and guests are able to observe the open kitchen from the stools lining the counter. Definitely a must for dinner, but remember to book, you don’t want to miss out!