Over recent years, Western Australia has enjoyed an emergence of new boutique luxury accommodation in Perth and further afield in WA. Here’s a selection of some of our favourite places to stay in our favourite parts of WA – Perth, Margaret River, the Kimberley and Ningaloo Reef. If you’d like to pair one of our luxury walking tours with time in one of these special parts of WA, check out our extended luxury WA tours , which we can tailor to suit your needs.
Luxury accommodation in Perth
- COMO The Treasury – Situated within Perth’s recently restored historic State buildings, this luxurious 48-room hotel is an absolute must-visit for discerning travellers seeking the finest accommodation. A fortune has been spent on upgrades and refurbishments at this award-winning Small Luxury Hotel of the World, however, the buildings have retained their superb old-world charm. You’ll love the architecture, luxury furnishings and spacious rooms. The hotel is located within Perth’s best food and wine precinct; however, you’d be forgiven for not wanting to leave! Fortunately, there are excellent dining options available on-site, so you won’t have to! We can arrange pre and post Walk Into Luxury stays with COMO, just ask us when you’re making your booking!
- The Richardson Hotel and Spa – Ideally situated near King’s Park in West Perth, this boutique hotel is a favourite with visiting celebrities; and with good reason. With first-class hotel rooms and suites, top notch on-site dining and an exquisite day spa, this well-appointed boutique hotel has absolutely everything you could possibly need for a relaxing stay.
Luxury accommodation in Australia’s South West
Margaret River Region
- Cape Lodge (pictured) – Nestled in the heart of the Margaret River Wine Region, Cape Lodge has a warm country estate ambience in a picturesque lakeside locale. As a Luxury Lodge of Australia, this multi-award-winning boutique accommodation offers some of the finest cuisine in the region accompanied with premium wines and impeccable service. We love partnering with the team for our 3 day Cape Lodge Walk.
- Injidup Spa Retreat – Perched high on a hill overlooking the Margaret River Region’s strikingly beautiful Injidup Beach, this Small Luxury Hotel of the World offers 180-degree views of the Indian Ocean from your studio apartment and private plunge pool. Located right on the Cape to Cape Track, you will continue to enjoy the bush and ocean views long after you’ve hung up your boots for the day! This exclusive accommodation is where you stay on our signature Cape to Cape Walk, one of the Great Walks of Australia.
- Pullman Bunker Bay Resort – Situated on one of the most stunning bays in the Margaret River Region, Pullman Bunker Bay Resort consistently provides five-star service. With an excellent pool and day spa, guests will enjoy all the creature comforts during their stay at this secluded resort. You deserve to be spoilt after a day of trekking! Our 4-day family escape walk sees guests enjoy a night at this wonderful beach-side resort.
Great Southern Region
- Parry Beach Breaks (near Denmark) – Featuring sweeping ocean views, these spacious and stylish, family-friendly villas are well equipped for a wonderful beachside break just 30 minutes’ drive from Denmark. Located within the William Bay National Park, the Bibbulmun Track is right on your doorstep.
- Maitraya (Albany) – Ideal for large groups and corporate retreats, Maitraya is a sprawling luxury retreat that can accommodate up to 16 people. Situated on 500 acres of private and secluded bushland, the property provides uninterrupted views of the Southern Ocean and offers everything you could possibly need, including a heated pool, gym, sauna, tennis court and a putting green. You may well feel like a movie star. Rumour has it a number of celebrities have stayed here.
- Cape Howe Cottages – Located between Denmark and Albany, Cape Howe Cottages offer self-contained luxury accommodation in a private and tranquil bush setting adjacent to the West Cape Howe National Park and a short stroll from idyllic Lowlands Beach. It’s so peaceful here. Our new Bibbulmun walk includes a 1 or 2-night stay at this wonderful property.
- The Beach House at Bayside – Ideally located just beyond the dunes near Middleton Beach and just a few minutes from Albany’s town centre, The Beach House at Bayside is hosted accommodation offering five-star hotel suites and villas. It’s no wonder this award-winning property consistently receives excellent reviews. Guests love the warm welcome they receive, luxurious furnishings and the special touches like complimentary port and chocolates before bed. Two nights here are included on our new 4 Day Bibbulmun Walk.
Luxury accommodation Broome and the Kimberley, Australia’s North West
- El Questro – Situated in the heart of the vast East Kimberley region of Western Australia, El Questro’s breath-taking villas are located on the edge of a gorge overlooking the Chamberlain River. Base yourself at this Luxury Lodge of Australia to explore gorges, mountains, thermal springs, rainforests and waterfalls of one of Australia’s last true frontiers. Adventure awaits!
- Home Valley Station – Located at the foot of the majestic Cockburn Ranges near the Pentecost River in the East Kimberley, Home Valley Station offers a range of rural luxury accommodation options; from camping to luxury ‘grass castles’ overlooking Bindoola Creek. Offering quite a bit more than their name suggests, grass castles are steel and timber homesteads with king-sized beds, air conditioning and polished timber floorboards. If you stay here, be sure to dine at the homestead restaurant and enjoy the live music and a drink by the fire under the stars.
- Ramada Eco Beach Resort – Set among the dunes of the unspoilt Kimberley coast, one hour’s drive south of Broome, Ramada Eco Beach Resort is a multi-award-winning property offering a range of accommodation from eco tents, to ocean-front villas and a beach house for larger groups. Immerse yourself in this pristine environment, visit the day spa, cast a line on a fishing tour and enjoy stunning ocean views while dining at Jack’s Bar and Restaurant. We guarantee you won’t want to leave this slice of paradise.
- Berkeley River Lodge – Accessible only by air, Berkeley River Lodge is located in a remote corner of the Kimberley 150 kilometres north of Wyndham. A Small Luxury Hotel of the World, villas are perched 105 metres high on sand dunes overlooking the Bonaparte Gulf and Reveley Island, the mouth of the Berkeley River. Superbly appointed villas offer king beds and private outdoor open-air bathrooms so you can bathe beneath the Kimberley moon. Enjoy the property’s 20-metre lap pool, go for a scenic helicopter ride or river cruise, head out on a guided nature tour to explore the area’s flora and fauna, or throw in a line and try to hook a Barramundi!
Luxury accommodation Ningaloo Reef, Australia’s Coral Coast
- Sal Salis Ningaloo Reef – Located right on the Ningaloo Reef, Sal Salis is set within Cape Range National Park and offers the very best in beachside glamping. Stay in one of just 16 eco luxe safari tents and enjoy all this Luxury Lodge of Australia has to offer – the spectacular location, gourmet food and wine, and activities to designed to make the best of your stay. Step off the shore and snorkel a reef teeming with marine life, discover the ancient geology of Mandu Mandu Gorge on a guided walk, or paddle up Yardie Creek and spot a black-footed rock wallaby. And don’t miss out on a tour with Live Ningaloo to swim with the whale sharks – a truly memorable experience.