The Margaret River Region is diverse and beautiful in so many ways, and in the run up to Valentine’s Day we’re thinking about the most romantic spots in town. Whether you’re a nature lover, an old romantic, an indulgent soul or adventurous explorer; there’s something to fall in love with this Valentine’s Day.
- Gabriel Chocolate – How to win your Valentine’s heart? Look no further than handmade, locally produced chocolate, the original aphrodisiac. Gabriel Chocolate is WA’s first bean to bar chocolate makers, turning raw cacao beans into single-origin fine chocolate. Gabriel Chocolate import the world’s best raw cacao beans and turn them into fine quality single-origin chocolate bars at their custom-built chocolate gallery. When you’re done, pop next door to House of Cards beautiful cellar door to pick up some quality local sparkling to go with the chocolate.
- Boranup Karri Forest – The Japanese call it “forest bathing” and there are scientific studies proving that the practice lowers heart rate and blood pressure, reduces stress, boosts the immune system and improves overall feelings of wellbeing. So, go on a forest walk with your special someone and let those loved up vibes wash over you.
- Twilight Didgeridoo Cave Tour with Koomal Dreaming – Nothing says romance like twilight. If you want to do something a little different, join Koomal Dreaming on a Twilight Didgeridoo Cave Tour. This 90 minute cultural tour starts off with a short guided bushwalk identifying traditional medicine plants and learning local Noongar knowledge about the region. You then venture into Ngilgi Cave where the good spirit Ngilgi settles to hear the tour guide relate the Dreaming legends with his unique way of storytelling. As you depart the cave, you’re likely to see the glowing WA sunset to seal the memory.
- Luxury Accommodation Margaret River – We all need a touch of opulence every now and again and Valentine’s Day is a great excuse to splurge! When it comes to Margaret River, you need look no further than Cape Lodge, Injidup Spa Retreat and Gilgara Retreat. Cape Lodge is a five-star property, famous for its stunning lakeside restaurant. Indulge in a huge spa bath, enjoy breakfast on the balcony overlooking the lake and soak up the amazing service at this gem of a resort. Injidup Spa Retreat is a boutique property with exclusive ocean-view pool villas; nestled into their surrounds, they are secluded and idyllic. Perched on a limestone and granite clifftop overlooking isolated Injidup Beach, the views are out of this world. You can enjoy in-room dining and take advantage of their wonderful day spa. Gilgara Retreat (pictured) is a historic homestead surrounded by lush gardens, perfect for couples partial to a stroll around the grounds. The retreats 8 private villas complete with deep soaking tubs over-look the gardens and offer a romantic hideaway for couples.
- Scenic Helicopter Flight – To really appreciate the expanses of the region, take to the skies for a romantic treat you’ll both remember for ever. See the river and the oceans from a unique perspective, and then land in style at your favourite winery or beach! What a way to create some memories with that someone special.
- Perfect for Picnics – For those who prefer a low-key Valentine’s celebration, there’s an abundance of amazing picnic spots along the Margaret River coastlines. One of our favourites is Meelup Beach. Located near Dunsborough, the calm water, pristine white sandy beach and big shady park make Meelup Beach a perfect place to spend a romantic afternoon. To maximise those loved-up vibes, be sure to stick around for the magic sunset.
- Best viewing spots of the Cape to Cape Track – For nature lovers, take a walk on the Cape to Cape Track and enjoy stunning views as you meander along the coastal clifftops and beaches. One of our favourite views along the track is found at Sugarloaf Rock, just south of Cape Naturaliste lighthouse. The spectacular coastal landform juts from the water and is thought to be the southern-most breeding ground for the red-tailed tropic bird. Go at sunset to up the romance factor.
- Luxury experiences Margaret River – what do you get the person who has everything? An experience they’ll never forget. Walk into Luxury’s all-inclusive walking packages combine the best of the Cape to Cape Track with 5-star accommodation and gourmet food and wine. Book now to secure some major brownie points, or purchase a gift voucher (valid for 12 months).