*COVID-19 FLEXIBLE TRAVEL POLICY - We offer a free change of date option if you're unable to travel due to a 'snap' border closure decision. Please refer to our amendment policy below for details*
Walk into Luxury Pty Ltd (ABN 11 167 521 164) arranges walks, tours and events in Australia including accommodation, food and wine, activities, guides and transportation provided both by us and by our third party service providers. These booking terms and conditions apply exclusively to every contract for services by Walk into Luxury to a customer, including through an agent, and cannot be varied except as expressly agreed in writing by the Company. By booking with us, you agree to the following.
We or Our or Us means Walk into Luxury Pty Ltd and its employees, contractors, agents and Suppliers as the context requires
Customer means one or more persons purchasing Travel Arrangements from Walk into Luxury Pty Ltd, whether directly or through an agent
You or Your means the Customer or Customers as applicable
Travel Arrangements means the travel arrangements made by the Company including all Products
Product means the individual products that together form the Travel Arrangements, for example accommodation, transfers, food and wine, activities and tours
Service means the booking and payment services supplied by Walk into Luxury Pty Ltd
Supplier means the supplier of a Product, which may be Walk into Luxury Pty Ltd or a third-party supplier
- Subject to clause 2(2) and unless otherwise advised in writing at the time of booking, the following payment terms apply:
- 10% non-refundable deposit at time of booking to secure travel dates; note this is not forfeited in the event of an amendment permitted under these terms and conditions
- 40% instalment due 12 months prior to departure date
- 50% balance due 90 days prior to departure.
- Basis of pricing – Unless otherwise noted, all pricing is per person (twin share) and in Australian dollars including GST.
- Exclusions from the price – The Travel Arrangements price does not include arrival and/or departure taxes, Visa requirements, insurance, personal expenditure including phone calls, laundry or room service. Food, wine, flights and car hire are included only to the extent expressly stated in the booked itinerary.
- Surcharges – The published price of the Travel Arrangements is subject to the possibility of surcharges, which may arise due to a change in Product prices, holiday peak rates and other increases in connection with the Travel Arrangements. Any applicable surcharges will be communicated during the quoting and booking process.
- Bank fees - Payments may be made by direct deposit, Visa debit, or by credit card. Visa and Mastercards are accepted. Credit card payments incur a surcharge of 1.8%. International payments may incur transaction fees from your bank and our bank. We reserve the right to pass on any bank charges incurred in receiving international funds into our account.
- Vouchers, credits, change of date options - For any trips booked utilising a credit, change of date option, or gift voucher, once the trip is booked it becomes non-refundable in the event of a cancellation. Amendments may be permitted in accordance with clause 3(2).
2. CUSTOMER CANCELLATION
- Subject to clause 1(6) and 2(2), the following cancellation policy applies where a customer cancels a booking:
- Cancellation within 60 days of the departure date results in the forfeiture of 100% of the booking value;
- Cancellation between 61 and 90 days of the departure date results in the forfeiture of 50% of the booking value;
- In all other cases, a full refund is offered less the 10% non-refundable deposit.
- Exceptions to clause 1(1) and 2(1):
- Events and Charity Challenges – In the event that a special payment or cancellation policy applies to an event, group or charity challenge, this will be noted on the information pack or pre-booking email; in all other cases clause 2(1)(b) applies;
- Special rates and products – In the event that Travel Arrangements include a Product that features a special rate policy or special deposit or cancellation policy that is more onerous than the payment and cancellation policy outlined above, that policy will be advised at the time of booking and will apply in respect of the relevant Product or Products. This clause 2 will continue to apply in respect of all other Products within the Travel Arrangements;
- Flights– To secure the best possible price, unless otherwise advised at the time of booking, all flight bookings are payable in full at the time of booking and strictly non-refundable. In the event of a cancellation, the full fare value may be forfeited. In the event that the airline allows a credit or other cancellation or change option that is more generous for your specific booking, this will be passed on to you. Higher flexible fare pricing is available to allow more flexibility – please enquire for more information on flexible fare options when you book.
- Products not utilised – No refund is available in respect of Products not utilised, such as transportation, activities and accommodation.
- Additional costs and insurance – We will not be able to cover additional costs you may incur if Travel Arrangements are cancelled, changed or rescheduled. We strongly recommend all Customers purchase travel insurance including cancellation cover to protect against such costs.
- Notification– Notice of cancellation must be received in writing to email@example.com.
- Failure to make payment- We may treat a booking as cancelled and apply the relevant cancellation fee if you fail to pay the balance payment at the due date.
3. CUSTOMER AMENDMENTS
- Date amendments are permitted subject to the provision of 90 days' written notice, and any third-party amendment or cancellation fees (or other conditions) that may apply to your specific booking. These can be confirmed at the time of booking on request. A $250 pp rebooking fee may be applied for date amendments and other change requests under this clause 3(1).
- Within 90 days of departure, date amendments are permitted where a ‘snap’ border closure or other new Government imposed travel restriction, prevents you from travelling as booked. In this case your booking (excluding flights) will be held in credit for 12 months for you to reschedule. Any flight changes will be subject to the specific ticket terms and airline policy applicable in the circumstances. COVID flexibility.
- To avoid doubt, clause 3(2) does not apply where a known travel restriction existing at the date of booking prevents travel. In this case, more than 90 days notice is requested for any date amendments.
- Amended trip pricing and specials - New season or peak rate increases may apply to new travel dates and will be advised at the time of booking new dates. Any special offers applicable to the original booking are forfeited in the event of amending the original booking.
- Flight changes - To secure the best possible airfare pricing, all flight bookings are payable in full at the time of booking and strictly non-refundable. Changes are generally not permitted unless a flexible fare is specifically requested at the time of booking (a higher ticket price would then apply). In the event of a requested change to a booked flight being permitted, a $50 per person amendment processing fee applies, in addition to any airline change fee and/or increase in the fare price and taxes or fees for the new tickets.
4. CANCELLATION BY THE COMPANY
- Minimum numbers not reached: The Cape to Cape Walk and some other Products have minimum numbers required in order for the departure to proceed. We also run Special events and private group departures, which may be subject to a minimum number of guests as stated in the information pack or pre-booking email. In the event that minimum numbers are not reached, we reserve our right to cancel the booking/s in which case we will offer a full refund or change of date option unless other terms are advised in the special event cancellation policy at the time of booking.
- Force majeure – We may, at our sole option, where circumstances outside of our control affect the provision of Travel Arrangements or any Product or Products (such as natural disasters and Acts of God, fire, flood and extreme weather events, terrorist events, war, strikes, port or airport closures, border restrictions, pandemics or public health emergencies, technical issues with transportation, alteration or cancellation of a scheduled Product or any part of a Product), cancel scheduled Travel Arrangements at any time in which case we will at our sole discretion:
- Offer a change of date or travel credit for the same Travel Arrangements to be received at a future date, or offer alternative Travel Arrangements or Products of comparable standard as may be appropriate in the circumstances; or
- If alternative Travel Arrangements or travel credit are not offered under sub-clause (a), we will make a prompt refund of monies you paid (or proportional refund taking into account any portion of the Travel Arrangements already provided) less any payments already made for third party Products that form part of the Travel Arrangement which we are unable to recover from the Suppliers.
- Costs incurred and insurance - In the event we cancel, change or reschedule your booking, please be aware that we cannot offer and are not liable for any indirect costs you may incur such as flight cancellation or change fees, accommodation or other costs passed on by Suppliers. Comprehensive travel insurance is strongly recommended for all bookings.
- Loss – We are not liable for and accept no responsibility for any direct or indirect loss, financial loss, consequential loss, loss of enjoyment, pain or suffering, damage, injury, accident, delay or irregularity occasioned to a Customer in connection with the provision of Services, Products or the Travel Arrangements, except to the extent caused directly by our negligent act and then only to the extent the loss was reasonably foreseeable. Nothing in this condition is to be interpreted as excluding, restricting or modifying the application of any relevant Australian State or Federal legislation.
- Visa requirements – You acknowledge and accept that we will not be liable in the event that you fail to obtain any required passport, Visa or permit required to undertake the Travel Arrangements.
- Inherent risk accepted- Travel Arrangements may involve physical and nature-based activities, including bush walking and other activities, that contain some inherent risks of physical harm, personal injury or death. By booking a tour, you are accepting the risks associated with undertaking such activities, which may include the risk of snake bites, insect bites, unpredictable tides, bush fire, injury by wildlife, becoming lost, drowning and extreme weather (heat and storms). By making a booking, you accept these risks and agree we are not liable for any loss, injury, death or damage whatsoever sustained in relation to a Product or the Travel Arrangements, unless directly caused by our negligent act.
- Medical and evacuation costs - In the event that you become unwell, injured, or lost while experiencing a Product, you authorise us to arrange any emergency evacuation or transportation, and medical treatment that we may deem necessary for your health and safety. You agree to indemnify us and any supplier for any costs incurred in doing so.
- Medical conditions– You must notify us of any pre-existing medical conditions that might reasonably be expected to affect the Travel Arrangements. You agree and acknowledge that we will not be responsible for any pre-existing medical condition or health issue that may preclude, delay or interfere with your Travel Arrangements. We strongly recommend Customers aged over 69 years of age, or guests with any medical conditions or concerns, obtain a medical certificate confirming they are fit and healthy to undertake their chosen Travel Arrangements. You acknowledge and accept that you are solely responsible for having required medication (including epi-pens for allergies) with you and for advising Suppliers of such medication prior to commencing any service or Product with that Supplier.
6. BEHAVIOUR POLICY
We have a zero-tolerance approach to any behaviour that puts guest safety in danger or creates an unsafe work environment for our team and Suppliers. In the event of bullying, harassment, abusive or otherwise unsafe or unwelcome conduct, the offending guest will be offered a refund (or partial refund depending on the timing and costs already incurred) and asked to leave if the conduct does not immediately stop. Our Suppliers, particularly accommodation suppliers, may also have a guest policy or booking conditions that apply to the behaviour of guests. By booking Travel Arrangements with us a Customer accepts the terms of any such policy or booking conditions of a Supplier that is featured in their Travel Arrangements and is liable for any penalty that may arise from contravening that policy.
Unforeseen circumstances may result in you or us having to change your plans or cancel all of any part of your trip before or after it has commenced. To protect non-refundable deposits and payments, and to cover unforeseen costs that may become payable due to changes in your plans, or circumstances that impact the Company’s ability to deliver your tour as booked, we strongly recommend you purchase comprehensive travel insurance. This is available from travel agents, some health care and credit card companies and via various websites. Please be sure to consider such things as pre-existing medical conditions, valuable items, out of pocket expenses and indirect costs in the event your tour is cancelled or amended, and that the policy is right for you. Appropriate ambulance cover may also be required for domestic travellers, separate to your travel insurance cover. Speak to your insurance advisor to determine whether this is included within your travel insurance policy.
- Different Product terms - Different Products included in the Travel Arrangement may have specific terms and conditions applicable to the Product. These will be communicated during the quoting and booking process.
- Warranties - While we make all reasonable endeavours to ensure all Products are of the highest standard, we make no representations or warranties as to the quality or specific characteristics of individual Products.
- Waiver – Our failure to enforce any of these booking terms and conditions will not be treated as a waiver of any right or condition under this agreement.
- Governing law – These terms and conditions are governed by and to be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Western Australia and Australia. The parties irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts and tribunals of Western Australia and courts able to hear appeals from them.