Best Winery Restaurants for Lunch in Margaret River
Our Top 7 best winery restaurants in Margaret River for a long lunch. The best wineries for fine dining and more relaxed share style winery lunches.
By Nikki King
We all know half the fun of a holiday is enjoying beautiful food. Here in Margaret River, we really are spoiled for choice. From organic fare at the local café, to fresh fish at the beachside bar, to fine dining, there is something for everyone. But in one of the most highly regarded wine regions in the world, you would be doing yourself a disservice if you didn’t experience a Margaret River winery lunch at least once. Here, we count down seven of the very best Margaret River winery restaurants. So take your pick, order a taxi and indulge in the finest food and wine around!
- Wills Domain (pictured) – This award-winning restaurant was recently named the Regional Restaurant of the Year two years running, and with new chef Seth James at the helm, the food has never been better. Not only is the food divine, but the setting is stunning. Look out of the huge glass fronted restaurant to enjoy vineyard vistas and the beautiful Gunyulgup Valley. Lunch here is featured on our Signature Cape to Cape Walk.
- Leeuwin Estate – Celebrating the art of living well, the Leeuwin Restaurant combines fine wine and food in a picturesque setting, overlooking a meadow surrounded by a forest of majestic karri trees. This award-winning restaurant is renowned for utilising a “paddock to plate” philosophy, focusing on regional produce and working closely with local suppliers to create their seasonal menus. Food and wine experiences at Leeuwin Estate are also recognised as Ultimate Winery Experiences of Australia, a select group of the winery experiences from the best in Australia, including four wineries in Western Australia. No surprise that the other two in Margaret River, Vasse Felix and Voyager Estate, have also made this list!
- Vasse Felix – There are two dining options here to suit every taste – you can enjoy the contemporary tasting bar and wine lounge which offers casual wine tastings, wine by the bottle and charcuterie or splash out at the multi award winning Restaurant which showcases the best regional and seasonal produce to complement their fine wine collection.
- Voyager Estate – Take a journey of discovery and experience something a little different with the Voyager Estate’s wine paired degustation menus. These menus are designed to showcase the best in wine and food matching, and are carefully crafted with local, seasonal produce. For the full experience, you can book an estate tour and tasting before lunch to discover everything about this magnificent property.
- Aravina Estate – With an emphasis on sourcing organic sustainable produce, Aravina Estate aspires to create a range of flavoursome and memorable dishes in all seasonal menus. These unique dishes showcase the quality of meats, seafood, vegetables, fruits, cheeses and produce sourced from the Margaret River region. The terrace dining provides an opportunity to enjoy the picturesque setting of the vineyards, rolling hills, natural bushland and manicured gardens.
- Cullen Wines – From the moment you enter the Cullen Restaurant, set in the beautiful granite and timber building, you know you have found something special. Indulge in a long lunch sitting on the veranda or the peaceful setting under the peppermint trees. The experienced team of chefs create awe inspiring dishes that combine local, fresh and organic ingredients to produce dishes that complement the wine selection. The chefs can often be seen dashing from the kitchen to select the freshest fruit, herbs, vegetables and bush tucker straight from the biodynamic garden.
- Rusticos at Hay Shed Hill – Rusticos offers award winning tapas, hospitality, and share plates in Mediterranean style fare. The most popular way to dine is to enjoy their tapas degustation menu which is matched with premium Hay Shed Hill wines. With picture perfect white buildings and newly styled on-trend dining room, Rusticos has everything covered for the perfect long lunch.